Friday, November 2, 2007

Baby Girl...


Hannah,
I hope you know, and I mean really, truly know, how much your daddy and I love you. We love everything about you (except for the occasional shrieking-that we can do w/ out). Sometimes when you're sleeping we just stare at you and maybe, just maybe, we'll brush your hair off your forehead. And then we talk in whispers about how blessed we are and how we can't believe we made someone as spectacular as you.

Today your daddy went away for an overnight trip to Ohio to look at a carwash for sale. We really really really hope we get it. I want you to know everything we do, we have you in mind. There is not a single decision we make that doesn't involve you. You are the only single reason your daddy is getting out of the Army. He doesn't want us to have to move around with you and have you move to different schools. He wants you to be close to family and I agree.

We thought we were so complete until you were born. Now we wonder how we managed without you. Even when you decided sleeping in the night is not for you anymore, we love you :) I like getting up with you and having you snuggle into my neck and the way you make little "Eh eh eh eh" noises when you see your bottle. I love how you hold my fingers and put your little hands over mine. I love watching you cuddle snuggle on your daddy--but only on daddy. You won't do it with me. You hold on to his shirt with one hand, as if for reassurance.

I am so very sad that I start back to work on Monday. You will be a week shy of 4 months old and while I realize it a lot more time than most mommies get, it's not enough for me. Your daddy is staying h0me to take care of you. That is the only part that gives me comfort. I cannot imagine leaving you with someone else.

Right now I miss him very much. We pray for you, Hannah, to find a love like we have one day. This will be the longest time we've spent apart since the one day in May for your baby shower. We've never been one of those couples that say "Ugh, I need a break". He is truly my best friend and a wonderful person, little missy. I know you already know that, just from the way you look at him and talk to him...and smile. You have the biggest smiles for your daddy.

Right now you are watching Baby Einstein and letting your milk settle. You've tried rolling over a hundred times today, but basically just roll from side to side. You'll get it, baby girl.

My heart,
Mom

10 comments:

Steph said...

You made me tear up!! She is so beautiful Jaime. You guys are truly blessed and have a great lil family. I hope that you guys get a carwash close to family and you can return to staying home with Hannah!

Andria said...

Oh Jaime! That was so sweet and wonderful! You are such a wonderful mama. :) And, I can't get enough of that little Hannah Bug!

Anonymous said...

Oh good Lord, I am bawling like an idiot here! Jaime, that was so beautiful. You guys are truly blessed. I hope that this new opportunity works out for your family! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Awww, how incredibly sweet! I am so happy for you and Josh. Hannah is a lucky, lucky girl.
Best of luck with the car wash, keeping you in my prayers.

Tiffany said...

That is beautiful Jaime! Hannah is so blessed to have parents like you two. She is so loved.

I don't think it matters if you have gotten to stay at home with the babe for two months or two years, it's never enough.

I've been thinking about you lots this weekend. You're a great momma!

Valerie said...

Very beautiful. I love my children but I am not the stay at home type. I for one was glad once I got back into the swing of a regular routine after maternity leave. The day will most likely fly by because you'll have something great to get home to.

On another note, Kujo finally got into the RN program here. Yeah for us!

Tiffany said...

Just checking in on you again! How's work going? Are you OK?

barbie~jean said...

my dear jaime,
you now will understand so much more why i always called you my "sunshine girl" and why i would say to you, "always in my heart"...
because honey no matter the years that pass, you were my very first most beautiful baby ever. to this day i still remember the feeling of holding you close as you pooped and puked all over me, pure love. those pouty little rosebud pink lips, and your first laugh. it was you and me then.
always in my heart,
love ~mom

Becki said...

How very sweet!!

andrea goodwin said...

jamie this is andrea do you rember me ? i just want to say I was so happy for you when I found out that you was haveing a baby you family looks very good. and just wanted to say thanks for all the clothes you gave my kids. your a very specil gal and I am happy for you and your family . love the baby girl.we finly have a very happy family toooooo. love ya