Saturday, September 8, 2007

Nothing exciting

I'm feeling better today. Little Miss Hannah fell asleep in Josh's arms about 2130 last night and slept clear until 0500!!! Back asleep at 0600 until 0900. That's only b/c she slept w/ us. When she sleeps in her bassinet right beside us she wakes up about every 2 hours. I'm not much for having her sleep w/ us, but I love my sleep, so it works for now.

Marie sent me 2 dozen roses yesterday! They are gorgeous and smell wonderful--not like the old lady rose smell. Said she wanted to perk me up b/c she knows babies aren't always easy and I've been having a hard time w/ Hannah. Marie's came a long way from where she was-completely turned her life around. I'm proud of her although I don't really understand some of the choices she has made. It's not up to me to judge though.

Today is College Football Day in our house. The sucky thing about living down here is that when Ohio State plays I only get to watch it if it's on NBC or another major network. Boo! Notre Dame in on at 1800 so unfortunately I will probably get sucked into that vortex w/ Josh. Not that I love football--the only teams I watch are OSU and Notre Dame (when I have to).

We have also decided that we are going to put some of our pictures back up. We use those Hercules Hooks things--they are SO neat! Anyhow, I hate the fact we've had Hannah's pictures taken twice and yet can't hang them up anywhere. So we are going to hang them up anyways and if someone comes to look at the house, we can quickly take them down.

After we paint, that is. We bought a gallon of paint for touching up and wow...what a mess. I distinctly remember picking out Eddie Bauer's "vanilla bean" and keeping the paint swatch. That is what our painters were supposed to paint the main rooms. So that is the EXACT color we go buy for touching up. As Josh starts, he says to me, "Baby, this is darker than our walls". I told him it was because it was wet, it would dry the same color.

Um, no it did not. It looks like we have camo on our walls--stupid, stupid, stupid. As it turns out, our painters did not paint our walls the color we requested last year. However, it was so close we couldn't tell when we moved in. Well hell's bells we can see it now. So now we have to repaint our entire great room. That blows, especially w/ our cathedral ceiling. I hate painting!!!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Here's my two cents about the bassinet (take it or leave it), you may want to consider putting big butt into a crib. I think sometimes the babies can't see in those things and they're not real comfy. All my kids did much better about a few days after switching. I know, your kid is not my kid but just passing along what I did. Love ya!

barbie~jean said...

haaa... leave it to val to be the first to call hannah "big butt"...darn she beats me to the fun nicknames, at least i get to try to teach her darling little von to say "i hit my sac"...lol

well jaime i am dropping this in foremost to see if it actually posts, i am having some difficulties getting things to work here for the moment :)

i have read through all of your posts, and darling i love every bit of your writings. your new avenues into motherhood have been travelled by many of us, and each one that has experienced what you are newly discovering, can't help but laugh our asses off at some parts and remember our own tears at other parts.

Jaime,
you are on the adventure of a lifetime there are going to be many tears and a shyte load of laughs that will make your belly hurt even years later. each time you get that feeling that you are not a good enough mom, i am going to put that thought away, because darling you are a fantastic mom learning to be one of the greatest moms ever.
i know this because when you had your little doll baby "Asha" years ago, she was just as real to you as you were to me, and you loved and cared for her with all your heart. she was your preparation for your real baby now, the one main difference from "Asha" and Hannah, the poop is real (chuckle)
okay yes there are alot of differences between a doll and a live baby, but the heart that you have is the same.

keep in mind you are learning a whole new person and a whole new language, this takes time for both of you.
the bond that has already formed between you will last a lifetime. i know :)
i love you sweetheart.

Amy Anderson said...

Chris and I are always tempted to get a Hercules Hook. They're worth it??

gail said...

I haven't heard of a Hercules Hook.

If I have to take all my photos down to sell, my walls will be bare.