Saturday, September 1, 2007

How ironic

Today Josh and I had a date--without Miss Hannah. I was SO excited to get out and then once we left, I felt...kinda empty. I've never been away from her before. As much as I wanted to get out for a couple hours, it was so weird. BUT, it was great to go out to eat and see a matinee. Superbad was freaking hilarious--I laughed the entire time. **WARNING** Don't take young kiddos to see it. It was not what I expected it to be, but it's definitely a buyer.

Last night Hannah wasn't so bad. She screeched off and on, but not continuously. We all snuggled up in bed about 2300 and Josh got up w/ us in the middle of the night. Then we snuggled back up and snoozed until this morning. I love when he doesn't have to go work and we can just lounge around!

*****Things I said I would never do when I had children, yet have already done in 7 1/2 weeks***

1. Have her sleep in the same room. No wait, same bed. Hahahaha. I never understood what 2 hours of sleep means until we had Hannah.

2. Dress her in "boring"clothes every day. Who the heck has time to put on cutesie outfits to hang around the house in? They are diaper explosion magnets.

3. Hold her all the time, whether she "needs" it or not. She's too hard to resist cuddling!!

4. Feed her according to her schedule. Yeah, I thought I would make her schedule at the ripe old age of 3 days. Didn't exactly happen. Duh.

5. Sing silly little songs and talk like a babbling lunatic to her. Um, who doesn't talk like to babies?

**********************************************************************

Josh in watching the Notre Dame game and Hannah is all curled up on his chest. It's so cute! She tries to snuggle like that on me, but my boobs get in the way and then she gets pissed that she can't get comfortable. It's a vicious cycle.

So, while our date was fantastic, I was more than ready to get back to our little missy. I missed her so much--we'll see if I remember that when she starts yelling tonight. Yesterday I put her in the swing so I could pump. There I am double pumping, she starts yelling bloody murder, so I try to put a binky in her mouth (I have about 1/2 hand at this point and the swing was moving). At that point, Traxie walked in the living room and starting heaving. I'm yelling at the dang dog to go to the kitchen (tile floor, easier to clean up). Does she walk the 2 feet to the kitchen? NO. She heaves for 10 seconds and then pukes on the carpet. My hands were full of boobage and pump, Hannah's screaming, I have milk streaming down my belly and legs, and Trax ralphed on the carpet at my feet. I cried. Ugh. Thankfully Josh got home from work not too long after that and saved me. I love my husband.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Ahhh, the joys of motherhood! I have puddles of Nela's puke left on the dining room carpet from earlier ... for now I'm going to just rub it in with my foot (that would be a trick I picked up from your wonderful mother) and I guess Kujo will have to shampoo that room tomorrow LOL

Tiffany said...

Yes, it seems that everything happens as we're pumping doesn't it! It's amazing how versatile our feet can be in rocking and trying to calm a screaming baby while our hands are full. Not that it works, but we've got to try something!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys got to enjoy a date. It's always nice to come home to the little one, though.

LOL @ your pumping story. I think we've all been there, sista.