Monday, August 27, 2007

Catching up


So this past week has been rough. Anyone who says it is normal for a 6-week-old to screech her lungs out for hours on end needs to be castrated (I say castrated b/c more than likely it is a male that dares to utter those words). Miss Hannah started her Zantac on Wednesday but it really wasn't doing anything. Josh and I were pumping her full of Maalox to make her feel better and wow...I feel horrible. She hates medicine time and I feel so mean giving her medicine! How can I have given hundreds of shots to kiddos and not feel nearly as bad as I do giving my baby Maalox?!?! I called her doc this morning and went to pick up her new rx--she started Prevacid today. I am hoping this works for her b/c it breaks my heart to see her hurt like this. She's been sleeping w/ Josh and I lately, just so she can sleep. We are normally against that and I swore up and down I'd never do that (this was before I was pregnant, ha!). Yeah, there were a lot of things I swore I'd never do that I've already done in the past 6 weeks.

Our little chunky monkey is up to 9 lbs 15 oz--wow! She was only 6-2 when she was born. All I can say is Mama has some good milk! YUM! And I am down 31 pounds--I can't believe it!! Only 7 more to go until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight. If I could stay away from the Pringles it might be a tad easier to get there but those things are addicting.

Oh! And Hannah got flowers from her daddy for the first time a couple days ago! Josh brought home flowers for "us" just because we've had a rough week--I love him. He always does something out of the blue to make me feel better. I couldn't ask for a better husband--seriously. He is my best friend, lover, and everything in between.

Let's see, what else is new...

Nothing much. Hannah being sick has taken over my life for over the past week and turned me into a sleep-deprived-scary-haired-nothing-else-to-talk-about-mom. God, is that what my life will be like? I will be one of those moms who has NOTHING to talk about except her children and everyone else around me will be thinking "Someone shut that lady up"!! Don't get me wrong, I love bragging on my baby, but I probably annoy other people. Or it could be my lack of adult interaction now. Besides Josh, NMD is my saving grace. I heart them all!

And today at the pharmacy while waiting for my birth control (NO NO NO NO babies on purpose for a few years!!) this old man looked at Hannah and said to me, "She doesn't miss a meal, does she?" Ha! I should have told him it was a chore to disconnect her from my massive teat, but I just smiled and said, "She likes to eat". Then we got to talking and I forgave him b/c he said I was so "petite" for just having a baby. Anyone who says that to me is forgiven for just about anything these days :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry little Miss Hannah has been sick and fussy! But, WOW, way to grow Hannah!

Congrats on losing all of that baby weight! You Rock!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, Hannah!

Tiffany said...

Yay for strangers who give nice compliments! I hope Hannah feels better!!