Wednesday, August 8, 2007

More rambling & huffiness


I am contemplating if my skin will ever be clear again. At this rate, probably not. Shouldn't those stupid pregnancy hormones be gone that annihilated my skin? I am tired of walking around looking like I'm 14 and not even my Proactive is helping. Dammit!! So people say use Coverup--if the coverup was doing it's job, I wouldn't have to complain so much about it. While I am coming to terms w/ my post-pregnancy body, it's my skin I can't accept. Ugh.

Little missy slept almost all night--Woke up about 0240 and that was pretty much it. I changed her diaper around 0445 and she slept through it, and then she was up about 0710. Thank you God--I needed the sleep (even after my 3 hour nap yesterday). I am hoping Hannah is starting a new trend where she decides she likes to sleep at night vs. screeching and having diaper blowouts in the middle of the night.

Random grrrrrs for the day (and it's only 0900)

1. The neighbor's dog decided to tear open and spread our red mulch for us. Nice thought, but we didn't exactly plan on spreading it in the driveway.

2. People spelling my name wrong, especially family members who have known me for 25+ years.

3. Bing peeing on the one surviving flower out front.

4. 80 degrees at 0715. Need I say more?

5. The mere thought of doing the "touch up" painting and cleaning out our closets. Yuck.

6. Josh throwing fart bombs my way when I'm feeding Hannah and defenseless. He will pay for that.


I really should neutralize that whole pissy section by posting positive things, but eh...it's not as much fun :)

Am I going to be one of those mothers who thinks their child is the prettiest, smartest, funniest, etc.? Probably so. I already think so, hehe! Maybe it's first child syndrome, but I am so in love w/ Hannah and everything she does. I just hope I can see past all the "pretty" stuff and discipline her accordingly when the need be. I bet I'll be better able to do that than Josh--She'll just look at him and pout and he'll bend, I know it. I just know it!

We were both raised similarly in discipline aspects--both of us got our butts spanked and we turned out ok. We'll be butt spankers. There is a difference between butt spanking and abuse--I know some people don't agree w/ the whole spanking thing, but that's their choice. The whole "time-out" crap--yeah good luck w/ that. I think it would work better if parents followed through on their threats instead of placing their kids in time-out w/ a computer, tv, or whatever else is at everyone's fingertips. Not that I'm calling anyone out on that, but I see my mom and my little sibs (11, 10, and 7) and what does NOT work. She's just run ragged and too tired to care about some things and they get away w/ things I could not even have dreamed about. And why do they walk all over her and behave when I have them? B/c they know I don't tolerate the crap they put mom through. That's my theory.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I had Hannah and you know what I really miss? Sex. Yeah, I'm tired, but who isn't? I really, really miss it. It will be so weird to worry about getting pregnant--we never used precautions before, hence Hannah being born a couple weeks before our first wedding anniversary :) I'm more nervous about it than I was about giving birth--honestly. And thank goodness she was only 6-2. I can't fathom anything bigger fitting through there. *Shudder* One stitch is enough for me, thankyouverymuch.

I think about Hannah growing up and it makes me sad--I just want her to get big enough to sleep through the night (is that selfish, or what?). I dont' want to think about her going to school or driving or dating--no way! I just pray she has more sense in her head than I did. I want her to have WAY less regrets than I do. And Josh and I joke about what we would do if she ever pulled a "stunt" like we did--Engaged w/in 2 months, married 2 months after that. I think I would have a heart attack, but Josh says "We knew right away, if it's like that for Hannah and whoever she's w/, we don't have room to talk".

True, but it's different (how, I don't know, but it feels right to say that). I still can't believe everything happened so fast, yet it feels like we've been together forever (in a good way). Who would've thought those eHarmony commercials are true?

2 comments:

Andria said...

I left a comment- but blogger ate it. :( It's being a pain lately... Anyway, the gist of the comment, was cute blog, and that I have no interest in sex, whatsoever. :D

luannemarie said...

Your face will go back to norm. They say that it can actually take months for those hormones to calm down, hence the highschool look for a while. I had it with Jacob, not Hannah and so far not this one.

I really like your blog too, a lot. You are a good writer, you will get good readership, I think....

One more thing, is E-Harmony how you met?