Sunday, August 12, 2007

Corn Ice, Milk of Magnesia, and Bath Time

***************************************************************************************

Hannah had her first "real" bath on Thursday night. She LOVED it! She just lied in the water looking around, compared to her screaming her little lungs out continuously like she did w/ the sponge baths. It has taken all this time for her belly button to completely heal up and for me to be comfortable putting her in our tub. We used to do her little sponge baths in the morning b/c she would get so worked up there was no way we could put her to bed after one. Now she's all calm (until we dry her off), so we started the night time ritual and pray every night that her bedtime bath wash does it's magic :)

*************************************************************************************
To start out, Josh's belly has been hurting him the past couple days so I jokingly suggest milk of magnesia. He seriously wanted to take it, so of course who has to go in the store to buy it? Me. Along w/ Gas-X and a "Dove chocolate bar, just because" (his special request). Wonder what the check out lady was thinking as she zapped my purchases up.

Anywhooooo, we get home, he takes the maximum dose and says to me, "I think I should take more, I don't' think this will do anything". I tell him that he really doesn't need any more, to trust me, it would work. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. A while later we were getting ready to take the doggies on a walk and Hannah was strapped in her little Snugli harness carrier thing on her daddy. We are in the driveway when Josh got a panicked look on his face and said, "I've got to poop!!" and starts racing inside. I am laughing hysterically at this point b/c poor Hannah is strapped on to him and all I can think is she will probably have to sit through that ordeal w/ him on the toilet.

Once I gained my composure I walked back inside to hear Hannah wailing--and find her in the middle of the bed. I do not know how he managed to unbuckle her, but thank God he did or she'd probably be scarred for life. So he spent the next hour or so hanging out w/ the porcelain god.

Later we are sitting in the living room and he kept farting and I said, "I'd watch that if I were you" and his reply was another blast, along w/ "Nah, I think it's done". Nice. So I retorted, "I hope you crap your pants". Not even 5 seconds later he gets this frantic look and catapults from the recliner and is frantically running to our bathroom, sliding past the door slightly and then I hear the crash of the toilet seat. Apparently he was not "done", hehehehehehehe.

When he finally emerged from the bowels of the bathroom, I was laughing so hard I was crying and poor Hannah kept waking up (I was rocking her) b/c I was shaking around from laughing. I doubt Josh will ever experiment w/ milk of magnesia again--at 0300 I was up feeding Hannah, he was up on the toilet once again. This will definitely be one of those stories I will remember for the rest of my life :)

**********************************************************************************

I cannot wait for August to be over. I hate this place, hate it hate it hate it. The only decent thing is the winter, but I like the cold weather so that is definitely not going to keep us here. I know, it seems like I can't bitch any more about this state, but I can't help it. I want someone to buy our house and we will go on our merry little way in a couple months!!

*********************************************************************************

Hannah is a month old today! I cannot believe it...the past month has flew. She's getting so chunky in her cheeks--yesterday Josh and I went to O'Charley's for lunch and a waitress who remembered us from a couple weeks ago saw Hannah and said, "Oh, she's filling out! She's so pretty!" Yep, our little chunky monkey is growing and it makes me sad and proud at the same time. I want her to be healthy, but I don't want her growing up so fast! I told Josh that only 11 more to go until her first birthday, ack!

I am biased, but Hannah is beautiful! I know, I know, that sounds shallow, but it's true. I have seen some u-g-l-y babies (Heck, I was one of them!) and am glad when people tell us Hannah is pretty, it's sincere and not some fake compliment. Plus she is such a good baby (so far) that I told Josh we are not having anymore b/c we'll pay for w/ our next kiddo. They will probably be a screaming spit fire who never sleeps and weighs 15 pounds at birth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I have a mental picture of your hubby running to the toilet, that is just too funny! And yes, yes you do, have a beautiful baby!

Becki said...

The story about Josh totally made me LOL... :D

Tiffany said...

I am laughing so hard right now! Poor Josh...

Anonymous said...

Poor Josh, LMAO! I feel bad laughing now that I know he's got tummy troubles, but it's still a pretty funny story.

Amy Anderson said...

OMG, I'm cracking up! Poor, poor Josh. That'll teach him to underestimate the power of MOM. It's the greatest stuff ever. :-)