Thursday, August 9, 2007

Motivation

There are different types of motivation--for example, you see your neighbor's grass and think, "Gee, I should probably mow my grass soon". That's lazy motivation. A more upped version of motivation is maybe having a term paper due in 3 days that you've put off for weeks. That's a bit of a frenzied motivation. And then there's a call from the realtor saying people want to view your house in a couple hours when you have crap stuffed everywhere and red mulch strewn all over the driveway and red wax on your carpets. That is what I call spastic-get-it-done-right-now-motivation, which is what Josh and I experienced yesterday.

Our house has been on the market for a week or so and while relatively clean, we still needed to clean out our closets and crap like that to make it look "roomier". I was just heading to take a nap-literally walking in the bedroom-when Josh's phone rang w/ an unfamiliar. I said, "Wouldn't you just crap if someone wanted to come look at the house?" I must be psychic.

Cleaning out our closet (which Josh had cluttered to hell and back w/ his Army crap) consisted of me throwing winter clothes and whatever else into giant lawn and leaf garbage bags. Nice...I will never feel like sorting all that out from the attic. Talk about a big clusterf**k. I will admit our house looks super now as long as no one ventures into our attic.

So we loaded up the dogs and Hannah in our cars and proceeded to drive around. Not much you can do in over 100 degree weather and Bing & Trax aren't exactly welcomed indoors anywhere.

*************************************************************************************

Hannah decided to sleep for over 5 hours starting around 1700. GREAT. Our attempts to wake her up crashed and didn't work. So of course I tried to lie down at 2230 and she decides it's time to wake up. Wasn't too bad though, she went back to sleep after jammies and a bottle and woke up about 0200. Then she slept until about 0500. Waking up twice a night I can deal w/, but my nap was severely disturbed--oh wait, I didn't get one.

Ahhhh, full body massage last night. Do I have the world's best husband or what? Not only that, but he fixed supper and dessert. I love him. Speaking of, his birthday is in a few days and I got him the dorkiest gift ever. What's even dorkier is the fact that he wanted what I got him. A Rock & Gem book--how to identify them w/ pictures. Hehehe, I always make fun of him--he's forever out back in our woods digging up rocks and bringing them home. Convinced we can make money w/ them on ebay. Um, no. I am not tarnishing my good ratings to list junky rocks. So while full body massages w/ lavender oil will score him brownie points, it will not make me cave and list stupid rocks on ebay.

1 comment:

Andria said...

hehe... come on, list his rocks on ebay!